Recently, during my personal Bible study for this past week, I stumbled on a personality in the Bible. Someone I’d never taken so serious before. I’ll probably say I knew very little about him just because I heard it being talked about in church or by a friend. Surprisingly, all I’ve heard about him is just about a percentage of who he really is. His name is Stephen, and without boring you with lots of talks about him here again, I’ll just pinpoint the characters of his I had to learn from this past week. I hope you pick something from it.
- He is a man full of FAITH and of the HOLY SPIRIT. Acts 6:5
- He is a man full of God’s GRACE and POWER. Acts 6:8
- He has a NOTWITHSTANDING WISDOM given to him by the Spirit. Acts 6:10
- His face was like the FACE of an ANGEL; even in the sight of strict sinners. Acts 6:15
- He is a man MADE of the WORD of God. Acts 7:1-50
- He is a man who SPEAKS and everyone LISTENS. Acts 7:1-50
- He is a man full of CONFIDENCE. Acts 7:51-53
- He is a man full of FEARLESSNESS. Acts 7:51-53
- He is man with a PERFECT VISION. Acts 7:55,56
- He is a man with a FORGIVING HEART. Acts 7:60
These are the little things I picked from Stephen’s life, and I wish you could retain one or more or even all of these fine characters. He was a man totally full of Jesus Christ Himself.
Let us pray: Lord Jesus, help me to be full of You. In all that I do, help me to always do it in the way You’d have done it. Help me to live a perfectly fulfilling life, just as Stephen did. Do not cast me away from your presence, and never take your Holy Spirit from me. Abide with me always with visions clearer than that of the eagle. Forgive my sins, just as I will learn to forgive others. Thank You Jesus for an answered prayer. Thank You Heavenly Father. In Jesus’ name I have prayed. Amen!