I guess OneMicaiahPhobia should probably be the fear of One Micaiah, provided a phobia is a type of anxiety disorder, defined by a persistent fear of an object or situation. Please read-on for a short list of other kinds of phobias around the world.
- Arachnophobia – The fear of spiders.
- Entomophobia – The fear of bugs and insects. Also known as insectophobia with more specific cases like apiphobia (fear of bees) and myrmecophobia (fear of ants).
- Scoleciphobia – The fear of worms. Also known as Vermiphobia.
- Ophidiophobia – The fear of snakes. About a third of adult humans are ophidiophobic, making this the most common reported phobia.
- Cynophobia – The fear of dogs. Its onset is found in school-aged and adolescent children, and at a high percentage in women than men.
- Ornithophobia – The fear of birds. Some birds can be loud , large and menacing, and they can demonstrate little fear of humans.
- Alektorophobia – The fear of chickens.
- Ailurophobia – The fear of cats. Other name, felinophobia.
- Acrophobia – The fear of heights. Approximately two percent of the general population suffers from acrophobia, with twice as many women affected as men.
- Agoraphobia – The fear of open or crowded spaces. The cause of agoraphobia is a combination of genetic and environmental factors. The condition often runs in families and stressful events such as the death of a parent or being attacked may be a trigger.
- Claustrophobia – The fear of small spaces like elevators, small rooms and other enclosed spaces. It can be triggered by many situations or stimuli , including elevators crowded to capacity, windowless rooms, and even tight-necked clothing.
- Thanatophobia – The fear of death. It is during the years of young adulthood (20 to 40 years of age) that death anxiety most often begins to become prevalent.
- Pyrophobia – The fear of fire. This phobia is ancient and primordial, perhaps since mankind’s discovery of fire.
- Taphophobia – The fear of being buried alive by mistake and waking up in a coffin underground. Fear of being buried alive was elaborated to the extent that those who could afford it would make all sorts of arrangements for the construction of a safety coffin to ensure this would be avoided (e.g., glass lids for observation, ropes to bells for signaling, and breathing pipes for survival until rescued).
- Astraphobia – The fear of thunder/lightning aka Brontophobia, Tonitrophobia, Ceraunophobia.
- Glossophobia – The fear of public speaking. It is important that the speaker not attempt to get rid of their nervousness because all the extra energy received from nerves can actually be used to enliven the speech.
- Anthropophobia – The fear of people. It is an extreme, pathological form of shyness and timidity.
- Somniphobia – The fear of sleep. It can be caused by the fear of nightmares or sleep paralysis.
- Phobophobia – The fear of fear. It is a bridge between anxiety/panic the patient might be experiencing and the type of phobia he/she fears, creating an intense and extreme predisposition to the feared phobia.
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia – The fear of long words.
I think I’m Claustrophobic and maybe Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia.
So what do you fear? Kindly share your phobias.